7/13/2008

A new blogger is born !

Hello,

I start a blog in english for my american , australian and english fellow stichers.

In advance, forgive my approximative langage. I studied english in school and improved my skills reading a lot in english.
But don't forget that french is my native langage !

The purpose of this blog is to show what I am stitching and share tips and ideas.

I am a member of EGA (Embroiderers' Guild of America) with the CyberSitchers chapter. This is has allowed me to enroll for an Individual Correspondance Course : Introduction to silk and metal thread embroidery by Kay Stanis and a Group Correspondance Course : Summer dream by Luan B. Callery.

I am also a member of ANG (American Needlepoint Guild) where I choose to subscribe to a Correspondence Course : Golden peony by Marnie Ritter.

In France I took a Luneville embroidery class at Lesage, famous french embroiderer.
I stitched this dragonfly :




I love Luneville embroidery which is en english beading tambour work.
I took several classes with an excellent french teacher : Carole Magne. I'll finish the classes in august.

Here is her website
http://broderies-carolemagne.fr.gd/

I love needlework so much, that I work with needles, bu for other purposes : I am a nurse !

See you soon

Virginie

2 comments:

MeganH said...

Hello :-)

I was looking at who was looking at my blog - and found you!

Your work is just gorgeous.
I'm adding you to my bloglist!!!

Thankyou for the steps in tambour (I want to do some one day, inspired by "18thC embroidery techniques", and your stumpwork with sequins is great - I've never seen a whole example before, and now I want to do a piece

best regards,
E.R.

Marie-claude said...

it's very nice, but my english isn't that good to tell all I want to say. But you are French... why your blog is in english???

C'est vraiment superbe ce que tu fais, ça fait 1 an que je veux m'y mettre, mais là je serais obligé car ma participation à un concours oblige... mais je vais commencé par le point de beauvais.