9/19/2008

Orchid in Lunéville embroidery

Hello,

My last embroidery piece achieves my luneville Embroideries' courses. This is an orchid embroidered in "stumpwork" style.


I have worked on two different frames.
On the first one, which was the main support (white silk organza), I have stiched the 3 white main petals with white transluscent splangles called in french "paillettes soleil" because of the form, see :


Then, I have stiched 5 green leaves in green flat spangles surrounded with golden beads.

See the green flat spangles


And the golden beads



I have stitched too on this frame the golden stems with beads and and golden thread called in french "fil lurex" which is like a very, very fine japanese golden thread.

On a second frame, I stitched 6 green leaves and the 2 white horizontal petals on white silk organza too strengthened with wire. The petals are surrounded with the "paillettes soleil" I already used. The veins in center are stiched with golden tubes. see here :


I stiched too the rose petal with rose curved spangles and some white transluscent curved spangles. see the rose spangles :

and the white one :


Then, I have cut the fabric (arrrgghh !) and attached the 2 petals on the main fabric in the center. I gave a form with my fingers and raised the petals.
I have cut the rose and white petal, as well the 6 green leaves, and in the same kind I have attached them on the main fabric with tiny stiches. I have modeled the raised pieces with my fingers and fixed them always with invisible tiny stiches.

Finally, I add for the heart, transparent beads an "paillettes soleil" stitched raised to give enhancement.

I positively love this orchid. It was designed by my instructor Carole Magne. I'll frame it (the orchid not Carole ;-)) in order to have it under my eyes whenever I want.

See you soon

Virginie

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Virginie...I do love your work ...I love the delicacy of it...and your blog is lovely.

NCPat said...

Virginie, this is just beautiful! You did a wonderful job on this, and I wonder what you are going to do with it? You should be very proud!

Marianne S-M said...

Virginie, the orchid is amazing! You are so very talented, thanks for sharing all the details. Your CQ friend,Marianne in New Jersey, USA

Anonymous said...

Virginie -- WOW!
And I love your blog.
-Lynn in southern NJ, USA

Rissa said...

Absolutely beautiful work Virginie. :-)

MeganH said...

would it be possible for you to talk about how you actually stitch the paillettes?
Especially to fill a shape like a petal?
(although I know sometimes teachers don't like students to talk about their methods)

I love shiny things - we have magpies here in Australia that love shiny things too. I am a magpie!

The orchid is just *gorgeous* !!!!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Lovely work, Virginie.

Melissa said...

Virginie... This is so beautiful and informative!!!... Please keep showing us more of your incredible work... Melissa in NYC

Luis Suarez Fudissaku said...

Virginie, votre travail est merveilleus! Je vous demande une orientation: je serais à Paris en mai et voudrais faire un cour d´embroiderie; mais par le Google já trouve seulement des écoles formales (Lesage, par example). Je cherche plutôt un petit atelier... Est-ce que vous auriez unae indication? Je vou remercie, Rosemarie Ziegelmaier (Brésil)

Luis Suarez Fudissaku said...

Virginie, votre travail est merveilleus! Je vous demande une orientation: je serais à Paris en mai et voudrais faire un cour d´embroiderie; mais par le Google já trouve seulement des écoles formales (Lesage, par example). Je cherche plutôt un petit atelier... Est-ce que vous auriez unae indication? Je vou remercie, Rosemarie Ziegelmaier (Brésil)

MeganH said...

Now, I know you are still around, coz you looked up my blog yesterday. I saw your name there, recognized it and came for a visit
:-)
(I have a blog statistic programme and went to see how many people looked up the Queen Stitch entry)

You don't blog anymore, and you do such lovely work! And I so love looking at Tambour. Do you not have time to do it anymore?

I vote for you taking up blogging again, if you can!

Sylvia said...

Since you posted on my blog I came here to see your work. I have also seen your posts on the Chat4Cyber. This is a lovely piece. You should continue to post on your blog. I would love to see what you are working on now.

Anonymous said...

Stunning work of art. I keep coming back to stare at it.

Grand Slam Graphics said...

What is your price for Counted Thread Embroidery in New Jersey and kindly let me know the turnaround time also. Do you also give free trial?